Oh, hey there! Did you think I’d quit on you?
If I’m being totally honest, the thought crossed my mind. Something about this space just hasn’t appealed to me at all over the last month or so. I’m busy with school, travel, work, trying to find a new job for the fall, attempting to be healthy, sleeping, and squeezing in friend time where I can. It’s been a lot, and not a lot that I wanted to talk about. And then there’s what’s going on in the world. We’ve got more police brutality (will it ever stop?), earthquakes in Nepal, a presidential election that is starting much earlier than anyone wants, and just general gloominess.
There’s been a lot going on, and not much that I felt I could put into words.
But at the same time, the thought of leaving this space hurts my heart a lot. So, I’m back. I don’t imagine I’ll be here very much throughout the summer–I’m traveling all but four weekends between now and Labor Day–but I am going to try to update 2-3 times a week. And, I’m going to suck it up and shell out the cash required to keep my domain name going. If I’m paying for it, I better keep up with it, right?
So, after all that, let’s get into the one series that I’ve managed to keep going for 2+ years.
First, a review of April’s goals:
– Read 3 new books Nope, didn’t happen. I only got two new books completed but I have started three others. Book review for April coming next month.
Finish out spring semester strong (i.e. DO ALL YOUR READING, EMILY) Ok, so maybe I didn’t do all my reading, but I did finish the semester with all As, bringing my graduate school record to all As all the time! Boom!!
Paint the canvas I bought for above my bed Done, but I hate it so much that I just took it back down. Whoops.
Complete the yoga challenge I’m doing and reward myself with a new mat HECK YEAH.
– Buy new trash cans Do you know how expensive trash cans are?
Attend sunrise Easter service at the Lincoln Memorial with Alex this weekend We went and it was beautiful!
Go to Happy Hour once a week with my peeps I think I did this every week but one, so I’m calling it a win.
Book a hotel for Katie’s upcoming bachelorette party! Bach party starts tomorrow!!!
And now, some goals for my favorite month!!!
– Celebrate turning 25 with my friends on Tuesday and my family next weekend, write a post here about it
– Do 30 minutes of yoga every weekday
– Drink a kale smoothie for breakfast every weekday
– Print, assemble, and mail Taylor’s bachelorette party invites
– Have an excellent attitude about all the travel I have coming up this summer. It’s lots and lots of really fun things but it’s also a lot of time in the car. If I go into it with a bad attitude it’s not going to be any fun, so I’m going to look at one week at a time and enjoy each one. First up next weekend, Gracie graduates from UNC and it’s Mother’s Day!
Here is the part where I should insert a joke about N’Sync and how “it’s gonna be MAY,” but I’ve never really thought that was funny and I prefer to celebrate the start of May with a countdown to my birthday.
4 DAYS PEOPLE, 4 DAYS.