Contrary to what this picture implies, I have actually ridden a bike before. Just not one as beautiful as this!! Thanks Mom and Dad!
Hey friends, and happy September! Insert a rant about how I can’t believe how fast the summer went by here. But man, it was a good summer, huh? I’m having trouble believing that it is actually over because the high today is 96. So, yeah.
Ready for some goal action?
August Goals 2014
- Exercise 20 days this month. I was going to say every weekday but I don’t want to be that strict. Walking to and from work/with the babies doesn’t count. I need to be running or doing some sort of strength/stretch routine for 20 solid days. I can and will do this. Right well, let’s talk about this. I slacked at the beginning of the month, but as of Sunday I worked out (either a 30 minute run or a 30 minute workout) 11 days last month. A little better than 50%. But, the good news is that almost all (9) of those workouts were in the last two weeks, I think I’ve finally found my groove again.
- Eat a real meal for dinner, pack lunch for work, and eat breakfast at least 4 days a week. I didn’t actually keep track of how often I did this, and there were definitely some potato chip and Oreo dinners this month, but overall I’m doing better so this gets marked off. - Buy a rug for the living room. Done! And I love it! Thank goodness because it would’ve been a pain to ship back. An apartment update is coming soon. - Switch my insurance to DC, get my DC license, and register my car here. FINALLY finished as of Friday. What is up, official DC resident?! - Plan as much of the blog out as I can to prepare for school starting at the end of the month. Attempt to post 4 days a week, maybe 5? I missed a total of five days this month, so I’m calling this a success.
- Get some plants for inside and outside the apartment. Do my best not to kill them. Nope, not even close.
- Keep track of my Mint app so I can get a good read on my spending and begin to budget better. I’m choosing to ignore this one……..whoops.
And for September!
September Goals 2014
- Ride my bike to work 4 days a week! Other than driving for class on Monday, I want to try and ride this beautiful shiny new thing every day. Except today because like, 96 degrees.
- Speaking of my bike, buy a basket or crate for the back of it, gotta transport those groceries.
- Exercise 20 days this month–do it. Do it. Do it. I’m working on being able to consistently run a 5k–and have been working on this for two years. Now is the time to finally actually accomplish this, Turkey Trot, I will take you down this year.
- Order and frame the last Sevenly picture for my living room.
- Finish organizing the categories in my archives.
- Finish my picture wall.
- Hang my state plates on the wall in my bedroom. This also means first attaching hangers to the back of the plates.
- Read Jesus > Religion, Happier at Home, and From Black High Heels to Tractor Wheels and write blog reviews for them (and for the three other books I recently finished).
Let’s do it.